Join now - be part of our community!

Whatsapp media send bug on Xperia 10 IV

profile.country.FI.title
coolaarne
Explorer

Whatsapp media send bug on Xperia 10 IV

Anyone been able to fix the whatsapp issue on this phone? I get this error like "all the time".

It will be sent after restarting whatspp few times etc, but it's not so nice to be doing everytime.

Whatsapp-failed-to-process-video-Fix.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @coolaarne

I do believe this error message is related to Whatsapp itself. Make sure that the app is up to date, you can also try to clear cache and data and force stop for the app and check again.

profile.country.FI.title
coolaarne
Explorer

I have the latest Whatsapp and tried the cache clearing and resinstallin the app. Did not work. Whatsapp own camera recording works but sending videos recorded on phones camera app gives that error.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Try to reset app preferences from settings> apps& notifications> see all apps> 3 dots on top right corner> reset app preferences.

If the same issue remains, did you try to check that with Whatsapp support?

koen12344
New

I have the same issue. Its also happening on Instagram, and other apps that use the camera. When you record a new Instagram story or reel, or use existing videos recorded with the phone camera it will start throwing errors.

When you force stop and restart WhatsApp the videos will send, but after a while it will stop working again.

Instagram is even more temperamental, not allowing you to upload stories recorded through the phone camera. Force stopping and clearing cache does not always fix it.

Its really annoying.

Clearly some sort of communication issue between the phone camera/codec/software and the apps. Not looking for obvious dime a dozen answers like factory reset your phone/reinstall WhatsApp etc, but an actual solution!

profile.country.FI.title
coolaarne
Explorer

Tried reporting this to whatsapp, but they are not interested in fixing issue which is only in one model. Tried reporting it to Sony customer care, but they started the basic "do factory reset" which I actually did, but did not fix the issue. Guess the only solution is... to just take it...

Having the same issue here too with my new Xperia. Shocking support from Sony. 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @THUNDER-MESA

Try the steps in the thread above, if they didn't work, try to do a software repair by the Xperia companion and check again.

Also, try to report that to Whatsapp again, maybe now they're interested in reporting the bug :grin: