Join now - be part of our community!

Do Xperia 5 pre-orders include WF-1000XM3 wireless headphones in the USA?

jeremyan
Visitor

Do Xperia 5 pre-orders include WF-1000XM3 wireless headphones in the USA?

Hi,

Could anyone at Sony kindly confirm whether the USA Xperia 5 pre-orders include the WF-1000XM3 wireless headphones?  Numerous announcements indicate they are included with pre-orders, but neither of the two USA retailers linked on the Sony webpage, B&H Photo and Focus Camera, list it in the product descriptions.

https://blogs.sonymobile.com/2019/09/05/deal-pre-order-xperia-5-wf-1000xm3-headphones-free/

Also, will any of the colors besides Black be available in the USA?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
jeremyan
Visitor

Side note, I emailed Sony Mobile support via the contact link on the Xperia webpage with the same question, and here is their response:

--

As we care about the experience of the customers with our devices and we are​ more than happy to assist you with your inquiry however please note that your inquiry related to the WF-1000XM3 wireless Headphones are not supported by this department, since they are from Sony Electronics to get the appropriate support

--

Ha ha

tomo100brt
Visitor

Did you read what star means? Timing and availability will vary by market. So no every market will get WF-1000XM3.

Jonas
Master

Hi @jeremyan, thank you for showing interest in the Xperia 5! Slightly_smiling_Face

This will be a bit tricky for us here at our Global user based forum to answer since pre-orders, what is included when you pre-order and so forth are very market specific and will vary between markets/countries.

I had a look at the Sony Mobile website for the US and the only colour option that is available is black and when checking the page that you ended up on, the WF-1000XM3 is not mentioned at either of them, just the device (unless I'm missing something). This leads me to believe that the text in the blog post that says "Xperia 5 is available to pre-order from next week in select European markets, where it is being bundled with Sony’s industry leading and award-winning WF-1000XM3 truly wireless Noise Cancelling headphones." means that the headphones are only included when pre-ordering the device in selected markets in Europe and not in other markets (that is how I understand it at least).

I know that a lot of operators/retailers here in the Nordics where I'm situated also has the same pre-order offer, so it doesn't seem to be exclusive to customers only pre-booking via the eShop at least.

I understand that the answer you received from the Local support team doesn't really help much and there must have been some kind of misunderstanding and they thought you were asking about the headphones only (which we do not handle the support for), so please get in touch with them again, or if you get in touch with the two retailers listed and see if they know more about a pre-order offer and the colours.

Sorry that I can't be more of more help.

jeremyan
Visitor

Thank you Jonas for the info.  I totally appreciate the ambiguity left in the news releases, hence my question here  (e.g., the graphic advertisement at the bottom does not specify European markets, simply stating "Limited Offer")

I hope that Sony considers adding an incentive to pre-orders in the USA to make pre-ordering worthwhile.  The European offer is very attractive.

Jonas
Master

@jeremyan, you're welcome and even in Europe that has been a lot of different offers for different countries.

I can't remember the exact device it was, but there was some really good offer that was only available in Germany and Italy with a pair of headphones worth around 400 euros and some other countries had no pre-book at all for the same device.

I'm not quite sure why there are so big discrepancies depending on where the device is bought and what you get when pre-booking it. There could of course be some offers for the US market closer to launch, so if you are still interested in the Xperia 5, I would recommend that you wait a bit with pre-booking, just to make sure that you don't miss out on anything in case a specific retailer/operator offers the headphones or something else closer to launch.

The text in the news release could also indicate that the pre-ordering that starts next week for Europe will be available in other markets/countries, just not next week. To be honest, I always find statements in general very fuzzy, not only the ones from Sony but in general, but it might just be me.