Join now - be part of our community!

Instagram stories

profile.country.PL.title
zielony28x
New

Instagram stories

I've already wrote to Instagram developers but maybe if more people will wrote they will finally hear us....

I mean stories are uploaded in 21:9 - it looks good only on Xperia 1 or 5 but on other phones is ugly cropped. For example on new iPhones stories are uploaded in 16:9 as a default whether a screen on iPhone xs and 11 are 19:9. Thanks to that stories look exactly the same on every phone but on different ratios they have black areas on top and bottom. At least stories should be uploaded in 16:9 and then cropped to different ratios which will suits to different phones. 

Now it's uploaded in 21:9 and cropped again for 16:9 phones or different ratios phones.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.PL.title
zielony28x
New

Still no reply from Instagram about uploading stories in 16:9 by default like on Samsung phones or new iPhones.

I'm using Instagram but when I put stories I need to use of phone....

And when I get private story it looks like on the screenshot - image is cropped to 21:9 so I miss some parts of photo and message is hidden under system buttonsScreenshot_20200103-131711.png

profile.country.PL.title
zielony28x
New

I've checked on Xperia xz2 compact and the situation is the same. I think it's Sony fault because there is no such situations on Samsung or Huawei phones. Sony doesn't allow to scale the apps or have big problems with that.

profile.country.PL.title
zielony28x
New

Any comments?

James41
Visitor

Maybe... just maybe, 21:9 on a phone is a gimmick, rather than a hot new trend the other phone manufacturers will adopt.

Instagram has no obligation to pander to a very small community of people who own a 21:9 phone.

Enjoy your 'CinemaWide' Xperia phone. Pile_of_Poo

profile.country.PL.title
zielony28x
New

But the same happen on xz2 series... And there is much more with 18:9 phones. I think it's Sony fault with system sizing for apps.

profile.country.GB.title
DanHendo
Explorer

Stories are the most popular thing. TikTok has similar content and we see how popular it got.

profile.country.GB.title
JoseDiazz
New

I completely agree with you. This is terribly annoying. It was high time to fix this.