Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 5 iii touch screen freezes after call

profile.country.GB.title
tkemp22
New

Xperia 5 iii touch screen freezes after call

Hi all, posting this on behalf of my SO.

She has just gotten an Xperia 5 iii and pretty much every time that she receives a phone call, after hanging up the touch screen will become non-responsive. The hardware buttons on the side still work, but the only way to get the touch screen to start responding again is to force reboot the device (vol. up + Power). 

The device was brand new, factory unlocked and all updates were installed prior to use. There are no pending updates for the phone.

The previous phone (Pixel 3) had no issues like this and the roster of user-installed apps installed has not changed.

I've tried searching around for this issue, but not really found anything. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

12 REPLIES 12
Piscie
Community Team

@Citizen_Crazed, yeah it's really awkward to face the same issue with two brand new phones 😕 I'd actually recommend a software repair via Xperia Companion, but make sure that a backup is created first.

profile.country.GB.title
Citizen_Crazed

Hi @Piscie, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately and as mentioned in my first post on this thread, I tried a software repair on the first device that suffered the problem and it made no difference. The fact that others are reporting similar too suggests there's more to it than simply one device with an iffy OS install.

I'm not therefore going to go through the hassle of another repair right now - especially when, touching wood and crossing fingers very tightly, this bug hasn't reiterated since the phone updated to Android 13. It's a bit too early to be properly confident, but time will tell.

Piscie
Community Team

@Citizen_Crazed, right, hopefully Android 13 will fix this bug permanently! Fingers crossed.