Join now - be part of our community!

How do I export my videofiles from a SONY a6000?

Ludvigx86
New

How do I export my videofiles from a SONY a6000?

Hello all! 

I purchased a Sony a6000 photocamera a while ago. I´ve used it almost daily and it is totally super! 

But when it comes to importing my recorded videos to my Macbook, it is not easy at all. 
When I put my SD card into my Mac, it does not even find the videofiles. They´re simply not there. 

I´ve tried to imported them via PlayMemories, but that does not work either. I even tried via iMovie, but then, for some reason, I have to activate the "iCloud", for me to use it, and that cost money. No way! 

Why is this so hard? What is the easy solution here? 

Thanks for all the replys! 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

The best way is through playmemories...it should work just fine!

It's normal that you cant find the videofiles, it's "hidden". Also, it's better to use the program as longer files are chopped into pieces on the SD card and are merged back together via software.

I expect you've tried downloading the newest version from the sony website?

I don't have a mac, so can't directly help you.

Thanks for the reply, Portmixus. 

When Im in PlayMobile, I choose the file, got to "Import media" and pick a location to save the file. I click "Import" and it says the import was successful. I locate the folder, and a new folder has been created (where my video should be) but its empty. 

I tried to choose several videos simultaneously. They were all imported, and folders were created, but they did not contain anaything 😕 

Ludvigx86
New

Anybody ? 

profile.country.CH.title
Mahalo98

Hi

i always go direct into the folder of the Memorycard (SD or MS) :

AVCHD

BDMV

and now choose Stream. There are all the files you recorded

just drag and drop.

or with other movieformat you^'ll find it here:

MP_ROOT

100ANV01 or 101ANV01 or....

Hope i could help you and it works . i also have no macintosh products, sorry. May be the file system is not the same as PC?

greets Patrick

Ludvigx86
New

Hello Mahalo! 

Thanks for the reply! 

Thats what I use to do with the pictures. Just go directly to the SD Card. But the videofiles does not show. 

But I found out that I can use iMovie. It´s not as easy, but at least it works. Just takes a hell of alot of time.