Join now - be part of our community!

I would like to use my laptop as the camera's display when filming video with my SLT-A77V

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
DistantMelody

I would like to use my laptop as the camera's display when filming video with my SLT-A77V

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

I want to make a video with my SLT-A77V camera, but with the ability to use my laptop as the display (to see what I'm doing live as I am filming it). Is this possible?

I have a cable that I used to connect the camera to my laptop and this was successful, but only in allowing me to copy photographs from the camera to the laptop. I could not see an option to use the laptop as a display. When I connected the camera, the camera became unusable (not able to take photos or videos, or even to open the menu).

Thank you,

DistantMelody

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

No this is not possible.

The only option you got is using a hdmi cable (mini-HDMI to HDMI) and an external monitor (which is not a laptop).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

No this is not possible.

The only option you got is using a hdmi cable (mini-HDMI to HDMI) and an external monitor (which is not a laptop).

Thank you Portmixus.

I have this cable. What can be used as the external monitor? Can I use a television or computer monitor for this?

profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

Hi, sorry for the late reply!

Have you tried it already?

It should work with your TV, but it won't work with your laptop monitor.

Hello Portmixus

I haven't had a chance to do this yet.

With the TV, do I just plug it into the camera? Are there any settings I have to change? If I am using the TV as my computer monitor, should I change it back to TV mode before plugging it to camera?

profile.country.GB.title
DistantMelody

I have done it :slight_smile: I didn't need to change the TV to TV mode. I did have to disconntect the computer though. I've been able to make the video that I wanted.