Join now - be part of our community!

My DSLR-A300 drains the battery while turned off?

profile.country.en_GB.title
rosaine
Visitor

My DSLR-A300 drains the battery while turned off?

I have had my A300 for over a year now with no problems whatsoever, until now.

Just before Christmas I went to turn it on to use it for some family shots but nothing happened. I thought the battery was dead so put that on charge using the supplied charger. The next day after a good charge my camera worked and all was fine.

After leaving the camera for a day I picked it up to go out for a walk but the camera wouldn't turn on. (It had been turned off with 65% left on the battery) This lead me to believe that the battery wasn't holding its charge, so I decided to order two batteries (third party) as replacements.

The new batteries had arrived, I charged them up then stuck one in the camera, turned it on, 100% showing, all fine and working properly. The next day I went to check it, turned it on, and nothing, no charge in the battery. So I put in the other one and it worked straight away. I then took it out with me for a walk and thought I would check every half and hour the battery life just to see if it went down faster than usual. Lo and behold, it lost about 10% an hour while turned off (Only turned it on to check the levels, obviously).

Has anyone had this problem before?

I keep my batteries and camera in a bag at room temperature, they haven't been exposed to any extreme temperatures and I always wait until its below 10% before recharging again.

If anyone could help me with then I would be a happy chappy?

I do believe though that this might be a problem that would need to be repaired.

Thank you in advance for any advice given.

Robin

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
rosaine
Visitor

Bump.

jweigt
New

I'm having this problem too. Any resolution? ~jon