Join now - be part of our community!

2018 Bravia model purchased. I have existing Youview box

nortonx3
New

2018 Bravia model purchased. I have existing Youview box

I receive sky sports through my Youview box. Is there any way to just use one handset. I have an ir blaster with the new tv but totally confused by this. Tried setting this up but no luck. 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

I couldn't get the IR blaster to work with my 2017 Android TV and Youview box.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

(Misfire. Please ignore, and Mods please delete when you can).

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Instructions on how to set up the blaster are here. Use the ‘Setup the IR Blaster from the Settings menu’ section.

The device you are setting up for needs to be in the TV’s IR blaster repertoire, so you have to look for your box in the list provided in the process above. Possibly by looking for Humax rather than YouView, if it is to be found there. The entries are case-sensitive, so be sure to use a capital where appropriate.

The procedure says (once its grammar has been corrected)

• Make sure that the connected set-top box supports the IR Blaster function. Contact the device manufacturer to confirm its compatibility with the IR Blaster function.

so it’s worth asking on the YouView Community about this.

You would think that devices from the supplier of the UI this TV comes with would be supported. Or maybe YouView didn’t realise how compromised the UI would have to be on these sets, and thought no-one would need a YouView box besides.

Hah!

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking