Join now - be part of our community!

43XD8088 Will not turn from standby AGAIN!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
be11aml

43XD8088 Will not turn from standby AGAIN!!!!

Hi Forum,

I am on my second 43XD8088 tv, I posted before about the TV constantly not switching on from standby.

It seemed a little better on the second TV, but this week I have had to pull the plug every day to get the TV to switch on.

I see another thread linked to a different model, so I am not sure if this is the same problem or something else. Just off the phone to Sony, who have escalated the issue, but I am really at the point where (as great at the TV might be) a refund is desirable.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice before I try to convince Tesco to refund me?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If this is happening on a second TV - it seems to be that you are either rather unlucky, or something else is at play.

If you have your TV connected to a powerstrip or surge protector - this is the first thing I would eliminate.  Test the TV connected directly to the socket on the wall. 

If that still fails, remove all other connected devices - USB Drives, HDMI cables, just leave the power connected to the wall and the aerial lead connected too.  If that still fails then its the TV...  If it works then its a connected device that cauing a conflict somewhere.

Thats really the only advise I can give at this stage.

Cheers

jpcoles
Explorer

Hi,

I posted last week about exactly the same issue with exactly the same model.

It worked fine for a month or so, now I have to unplug it and plug it back in before I can use the remote to turn it on.

Did you get it fixed? Thinking now I should take it back and go back to a Samsung.