Join now - be part of our community!

4k and Bluetooth headphones

profile.country.US.title
wtv1234
Explorer

4k and Bluetooth headphones

I can't play 4k HDR content on Netflix when I have my Bluetooth headphones connected. The moment I turn them off it switched back to 4k. I used to be able to watch in 4k before and then I had to install the factory version of the app and it'd work but now it'll simply not play 4k with my Bluetooth headphones connected whether it's the latest update or the factory version. I've also noticed the same thing with movies rented from Google Play Movies.

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi,

Welcome to the community.

Can you let us know what TV and Bluetooth headphones you are using so we can look into this further?

Thanks,

Ed

profile.country.US.title
wtv1234
Explorer

Hey, the headphones are the Sony MDR-XB950N1 and the TV's model is XBR-65X750D. I never had a problem playing 4k on Netflix with my bluetooth headphonesbefore. It's fairly recent.

profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi wtv,

Thanks. It's worth trying the steps here to see if they help.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Please proceed to update your Netflix app to revision 5.1.3 (build 2039) or newer through the Google Play Store.

profile.country.US.title
wtv1234
Explorer

Hi, thanks for the help but that's the version that I already have.

In the meantime, I had to resort to change my Sony soundsbar to Bluetooth transmitter mode and connect the headphones to that. It works but it's more cumbersome to connect and play,pause and other controls don't work.

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi wtv1234, 

Welcome to the community.

I’ve raised this with the relevant team and will let you know when there's more info to share.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi again,

I've had some feedback to say that it looks like your TV model is from a different region and that European models can't guarantee the functionality of connecting to Bluetooth headphones. 

Thanks, 

Pascale

profile.country.US.title
wtv1234
Explorer

Ah, it's just a nuisance since it used to work before the last system update. I'll just connect to the soundbar instead then. Thanks for the help though.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Your issue related to Netflix and 4K playback capability has been a known previous issue which was fixed by Netflix in the app revision I mentioned already. 

So technically there is no reason why it shouldn’t work for your case, since as you yourself said: it used to work fine.

It seems to me that either the latest Netflix app update process or the TV latest firmware upgrade process have not gone down well, either due to in-use/locked files during either process or perhaps even due to faulty file permissions.

The suggestion would be to do a Factory Data Reset through Home > Settings > Storage & Reset after which you again can update the Netflix app to its latest revision. I don’t see any reason why that couldn’t solve the problem for you.