Join now - be part of our community!

4K Bravia KD-43X8309C Picture settings

SOLVED
sgh729
Explorer

4K Bravia KD-43X8309C Picture settings

Hello,

Purchased this model back in July and apart from the occasionally sluggish response and navigation I'm happy with the value for money and 5 year warranty from Currys!

Reason for my message is I am looking to get the best from the picture quality and understand (from reviews) the pre-set picture functions can leave much to be desired.

Does any one know what advanced settings can give the best picture experience? I mainly use it for Netflix 4k, Amazon 4k, Youview HD channels, HD movies from Mac Mini and BlueRay player.

Cheers,

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In the picture settings, turning ON "Auto Picture Mode" should automatically swap between the picture modes when using HDMI connections.

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have a read of Sony's picture setting guide:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/how-tos-faqs-tvs-home-cinema/our-definitive-guide-to-the-perfect-tv-...

Cheers

sgh729
Explorer

Hi,

Thank you for the link, I hadn't seen that! I changed the picture setting to 'Graphics' on the Mac Mini source and I have noticed a different in the quality. Now I made this change using the Action button. If I go to Netflix for example by pressing the button on the remote, because I was on that HDMI port it now uses the Graphics setting for this content. How do I stop that happening?

Cheers,

Sam

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In the picture settings, turning ON "Auto Picture Mode" should automatically swap between the picture modes when using HDMI connections.

Cheers

dantedevil85
Explorer

I tried using auto picture mode and it kept using the game picture mode while I was watching normal cable tv.