Join now - be part of our community!

65A1 Oreo

profile.country.GB.title
LGSAMy

65A1 Oreo

Can someone tell me if after updating to Oreo you can still have streaming channels in favourites when pressing the discovery button ? I know that certain features have been removed in the Oreo update .
Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi LGSAMy,

I'll see if I can track down an answer. Maybe someone else in the community has an idea in the meantime.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hello LGSAMy,

I've checked the official update info from Sony, and it doesn't seem that this function is affected by the update at all. Here's the link I've checked: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/oled-tvs-android-a1-series/kd-65a1/downloads/00015793

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
LGSAMy

Thanks for that , I think I remember reading that they had removed streaming channels from the discovery bar  and also Netflix and Youtube .

profile.country.GB.title
LGSAMy

This is the information from the Sony NZ site . I assume this also covers the A1 . Im confused .

1. Certain categories no longer appear when using the DISCOVER button (2016/2017 model):

Although these apps are still installed on the TV, their categories no longer appear when the DISCOVER button on the remote control is pressed. To access the apps, please use  (Apps) in the Home menu instead.

• Streaming channels
  • Netflix
  • YouTube
  • PlayMemories Online
  • Video (Home network)
    • USB remains the same, Video (USB).
    • For home network, select Video app from  (Apps) in the Home menu
profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hello again,

I believe the features could vary by region as I can't see that this is the same case for UK TVs according to the update link.

Vanilla_