Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV Apps Refresh Rate

profile.country.GB.title
march83

Android TV Apps Refresh Rate

Is there a way of displaying the refresh rate currently in use by the TV when playing video in any of the Android apps including iplayer etc? It often looks like there is mismatch between the content and the refresh rate as there is noticable judder/stutter in the movement. This appears to be to do with the refresh rate rather than a general playback problem. Does the TV have the abillity to change the refresh rate based on content in apps? It works fine for content from the HDMI inputs and it display a message to confirm the change.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I dont think the TV displays that information.  My advice is to experiment with the MotionFlow setting and see if that helps.

Cheers

wutang200

I've noticed refresh rate problems using ALL the Android apps with Kodi being the worst offender.

The standard Video app is ok though and so is the Plex app (when it worked).

profile.country.GB.title
march83

Has there been any suggestions that this might be resolved on Sony's Android TVs? I've just signed up to a trial of Netflix and noticed that seems to have the same problem as it doesn't adjust the TV to the native refresh rate of what is playing. This is less noticable when you increase the motion flow level but it's still not right. It's annoying that the tv will only switch to the correct refresh rate for content coming in over hdmi. I can see me getting an external streaming device at some point and using that if i can ever find one suitable.

profile.country.NO.title
kayrune

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=229348&pid=2160031#pid2160031

Someone asked and got a reply, take it for what it's worth.

profile.country.GB.title
march83

Thanks for the link. Hopefully Sony do something eventually.