Join now - be part of our community!

BRAVIA KD55X8509C

SOLVED
Qwerty77.
Explorer

BRAVIA KD55X8509C

can you turn this tv off?

i like to switch tv off at night and just leave sky box on eco mode.many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It seems that Sony has done away with the dedicated off/on switch.  So unless you flick the power switch on the wall, its standby mode only now.  Besides, tvs so various updates overnight which wouldnt happen if you have it fully switched off.

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It seems that Sony has done away with the dedicated off/on switch.  So unless you flick the power switch on the wall, its standby mode only now.  Besides, tvs so various updates overnight which wouldnt happen if you have it fully switched off.

Cheers

scridde
Explorer

Hi,

i have this TV and sometimes when I put it on standby the screen goes off, but I still have sound!

Only solution seems to be to switch it off at the wall, anyone else have this problem?

john.pringle

Lots of people have this problem it's been reported and hopefully it will be fixed it's frustrating  but power cycling i e holding the power button remote  reboots tv. 

Jagman68
Explorer

Hi everyone,

i have just bought this tv and have the issue of it rebooting when I go to power it off at night, I understand that it should go into stand-by mode but it doesn't seem to do this at all. When I press the button on my remote the screen goes off but not completely it has a blue tinge to it which can only be seen with the lights off in the room the white light stays on, then a few seconds later it comes back on rebooting my AV amp I then have to go through the whole shut down again and again (frustrating) I eventually just switch it off at the mains 

when it restarts the next day it seems fine at first I can press the remote button and it does what it is supposed to do firstly switching my AV amp off followed my shutting down itself but this does not last. Has anyone solved this issue? Thanks in advance 

Djnads
Explorer

I've had this to for two months now and I'm seriously considering returning it.  The switching off the set and the sounds still comeing out issue is becoming an almost daily occurrence now. I have to switch it off at the mains.  Surely a TV of this stature shouldn't have such a fundamental flaw?!  Will the next update sort this, I thought the last one was supposed to?