Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia XR-55X94J HDMI4 Enhanced Modes Not Detecting Playstation 5

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
adam_price40
New

Bravia XR-55X94J HDMI4 Enhanced Modes Not Detecting Playstation 5

My Bravia XR-55X94J is not displaying the output from my Playstation 5 on HDMI4 when it is set to any of the enhanced formats (standard, Dolby Vision, or VRR).  When HDMI4 is set to standard format the Playstation output is displayed.  It also takes 2 to 3 attempts to access the settings menu from the HDMI4 screen.  Until yesterday (about 14 hours ago) I did not have any difficulty with this connection and was running HDMI 4 in VRR format.

I believe this is a TV issue as I have performed the following tests with everything working:

• Connect Playstation 5 to HDMI3 and display in all four available formats.

• Connect Playstation 4 (sadly not Pro so only 1080p) to HDMI4 and display in all four available formats.

Has anyone come across this issue before or know if there was a TV software update overnight (23rd September 2022 to 24th September 2022)?  Unfortunately customer support is currently down for maintenance so until that is back up any ideas or tests to run would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Try only to reboot Android TV... Press and keep Power/OFF on Remote.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Try only to reboot Android TV... Press and keep Power/OFF on Remote.
profile.country.GB.title
adam_price40
New

Thanks @Marino.Manolo the soft reboot worked with sorting the HDMI Mode issue.

___________________________________________________________________________________

I'm not sure if it's a related issue, but I'll include it here for completeness.

Both during and after the issue with the HDMI Mode issue I noticed that the settings menu was slow.  When opening the settings menu (settings button on remote then settings option) the first few attempts resulted in the message "This item does not support more options." being displayed.  After these initial attempts I could access the settings menu.  When in the menu it would take a long time to open each of the linked menus, often with the blue waiting circle being displayed.  In some cases the submenus (such as retuning menus) would not open at all.

I again tried a soft reset with the remote, and a hard reset (remove and reapply power) but this did not resolve the issue.  After using the Reset to Factory Default option the operation of the settings menu has returned to the speed I remember it originally being with no extended waiting for loading time.

Hopefully this isn't a sign of some other underlying issue, but only time will tell.  I hope that this can be an aid for other people though.