Join now - be part of our community!

Duplicate input sources

profile.country.GB.title
StefanJan
Explorer

Duplicate input sources

I have a Sony BRAVIA KD49XF9005BU and a Humax Freesat Recorder HDR-1100S.

In sources it shows both Tuner1(HDMI 2) Tuner_1 and HDMI 2

I would like only one line to appear so it is easy to switch between Digital (TV) and HDMI 2.

I understand that "Sony has confirmed that this is not a bug but a feature.  1st is the input 2nd is the connected device. Give you the opportunity to switch to the input or to start the connected device. Can be avoided by disabling BRAVIA sync"

I don't seem able to turn off Bravia Sync probably because audio is going to a Samsung HW-MS650 sound bar.

Two questions:

1. How do I turn off Bravia sync?

2. What is meant by starting a connected device?

Problem:

HDMI Input sources are being duplicated on the homepage screen.  Appears to be Bravia Sync capable devices.

Reported by:

elraouk HERE and HERE

TrevorCStevens HERE and HERE

Updates:

30-10-2015 - Sony has been made aware of this issue and awating feedback

15-01-2016 - Issue is still ongoing

13-12-2016 - Sony has confirmed that this is not a bug but a feature.  1st is the input 2nd is the connected device. Give you the opportunity to switch to the input or to start the connected device. Can be avoided by disabling BRAVIA sync

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
EUSupport_EN
Contributor

Hi StefanJan,

This seems interesting. I'm wondering where does it say this on the Sony website. Would you share this with us here?

I usually manage to disable BRAVIA sync settings following these steps (HOME - Settings - External inputs - BRAVIA Sync settings - Off)

Let us know if this resolves it.

Also, is it possible to take a picture showing the duplicate inputs so we could be on the same page?

Cheers

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

You can't disable it when you use an external audio system via ARC.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @StefanJan,

Since you already have received the correct answer to your comments, I don't see the need to explain this feature any further. As your quotation is the best explained answer already. Also you have received the answer to your first question about how to disable the Bravia Sync feature.

But to answer your second question, about what is meant about starting a connected device. This means that when you select the device from the Source INPUT list, you will directly (using your Sony Bravia TV remote) have the ability to command the connected device through its functions, or menus depending on what is designed to be addressable through Bravia Sync or the generic CEC interface. Most Sony devices with a Bravia Sync feature have custom menus which are specifically designed to work in conjunction with a connected device in this way.

Let us know if that answers your question.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

@dutchice  schrieb:

But to answer your second question, about what is meant about starting a connected device. This means that when you select the device from the Source INPUT list, you will directly (using your Sony Bravia TV remote) have the ability to command the connected device through its functions, or menus depending on what is designed to be addressable through Bravia Sync or the generic CEC interface. Most Sony devices with a Bravia Sync feature have custom menus which are specifically designed to work in conjunction with a connected device in this way.

But we still don't need two input devices for that to work. I agree with @StefanJan that this is annoying.

profile.country.GB.title
Pebbleridge

I just wondered if this ever got sorted, I have the same problem