Join now - be part of our community!

EPG not populating

Praxis
Explorer

EPG not populating

HI all, recently purchased my new KD-65X8059C 4K Bravia.

Spent alot of time setting it up so i am very aware before anyone lets me know that this is not a Freesat tuner :slight_smile: I know

The Twin tuner that comes with it is more than adequate at finding channels, can even specify "Free Services" - great

Problem is with the Program guide, the EPG only populates the displayed channel or 2 at most.

I know the EPG is internet based and shows well if a Freesat box is used, so this should not be and issue as channel numbers are refective of Freeview anyway.

Sorting this would really put the icing on the cake.

Even if it was possible to install a EPG.dat weekly would be a start, a small app to add to Sony select maybe???

As it is, it currently seems unfinished project.

Thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im assuming that you are referring to the satellite channels that are not populated with data in the EPG.  Unfortunately this is how it is, and as far as im aware this will not be resolved as its by design.

Cheers

Praxis
Explorer

Yes i agree its probably to do with meeting european standards that these general sat tuners are incorporated with these systems (cant call them TV's anymore!), just that from apk perspective it wouldn't take much at all to map these channels across to populate the Program Guide.

Cheers for the response

mameha1977
Explorer

Maybe there is no freely available satellite EPG XML data that can be used by the satellite EPG APK?

As you say, surely it is not difficult for the developer of the APK to connect the EPG to the XML data if it exists.

There doesnt seem to be any point in having an S tuner when the EPG is this poor.