Join now - be part of our community!

Frame Drop XE8596

profile.country.GB.title
imcgarry
Explorer

Frame Drop XE8596

I have a xe8596 and i have frame drop issues with this model, i note this has been reported on other forums with the xe9005 models. (search xe9005 frame drop in your favourite search engine )It is infuriating when you spend alot of money on a tv to then find it does not display a smooth picture. This is really noticable in football ie the world cup at the moment and on other tv when the camera cuts away ect such live broadcast tv alot.

I will admit putting the TV into game mode sorts the issue but that is a work around and not a fix, i did not buy a TV to then have to turn of videoenhancments to make the tv produce a smooth image.

My TV is on the latest firmware has had a few restarts and does this on all inputs.

My question is Sony when are you gonna fix this and when are you gonna admit to the problem.

Other users on AV forums have had sets replaced with XF series models. In my circumstance that would not be great as the XF model of the 8596 uses a IPS panel my current TV is a VA screen which is superior.

Sony please sort this and sort is soon. I have many years buying Sony products and i must say i am let down buy this.

(I have raised a customer support ticket online but how many hoops must i jump through!)

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Someone else reported that the firmware wont be fixed because Sony feel that the game mode is a work around, its a terrible work around imo for a number of reasons.

I too hoped this could be fixed in firmware.