Join now - be part of our community!

Free 4k Movie offer Google Movies and TV App

profile.country.GB.title
Div.Doyle
New

Free 4k Movie offer Google Movies and TV App

Hi,

We bought our tv 2 days ago and had waited 2 days for the offer to show.

Having found a few threads on here we followed their solutions of simply proceeding with the purchase but we’ve been charged.

Any idea why we were charged? Or how to fix it?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Alienmoon
Explorer

You probably forgot to use the link or not clicked the actual offer they sent you via the TV,... when you click the offer, It may already contain the Authorization code embedded within the advert/offer.

If you haven't watched it, Visit the Google Play Store, click on Account,... find the movie in the list of items you've bought over time on the right, Then click the 3 Dots to the side of the movie and then click report a problem and you'll be presented with a list of options.

If there's enough space, briefly explain and hope for the best.

Good Luck

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Div.Doyle and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

To all members: Please DO NOT  proceed with a purchase without seeing the free 4k offer available in either

the Google Play Movies and TV app or in their Google account page online.

@Alienmoon the advert doesn't contain any link or embedded code etc,

it just directs you to the GPM+TV app where the offer should appear in the left hand menu bar.

(Which has been missing recently, but has reappeared for some members.)

Sony are still investigating (Google believe they have resolved the problem), but have suggested visiting https://play.google.com/store/account where the offer should also be visible.

profile.country.GB.title
Alienmoon
Explorer

@jumpsuit

Normally, I'd agree, however, my offer would not work nor was my request accepted until I clicked the advert describing the offer on my TV, yet on my other account with another Sony TV this was not the case.

Anyway, all is sorted and I thank you for your input on this subject.

Regards

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@Alienmoon no worries :slight_smile:

Its interesting that you found a difference between 2 models.

Which model Bravias do you have?

It would be good to know so I can feed it back.

Cheers :alien:

I am still having issues.  I can't redeem through tv and using your link works, but asks me to redeem using a code or I have to pay.

This is getting extremely frustrating, please help