Join now - be part of our community!

Having trouble with a Bravia 49-HX9505 and HT-X8500 soundbar setup

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
bluedayve
Explorer

Having trouble with a Bravia 49-HX9505 and HT-X8500 soundbar setup

Hi, can someone please advise the correct way to connect a sky box, bravia tv and sound bar?

I have followed the quick setup instructions to connect sky box to sound bar (HDMI in) and soundbar to tv (using e-arc/hdmi). Sound settings on tv also set to audio system speakers.

Sound is perfect when watching the sky picture, with sound bar indicator on HDMI, but when trying to watch anything else on the tv such as bt app or Netflix I get no sound whatsoever...through the soundbar or the tv, unless I go back in and change the sound settings back to tv speakers.

Surely there is a set up that allows both the sky box and tv to project through the sound bar?

All advice gratefully received.

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.GB.title
MaccaJim
Explorer

Connections were all fine as originally set. I set to DTS X which appears to have remedied both sound effects / dialogue being of equal setting. I accept music / action scenes will have more punch than dialogue but I couldn't accept adjusting volume all the way through a film.

Appears fine now, many thanks for all your help. Sony callcentre or Currys tech were not in your league of expertise, detail, time spent typing - well done!

Many thanks

Jim