Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI & TV aerial inputs not working

profile.country.GB.title
rgale47
Explorer

HDMI & TV aerial inputs not working

In early December I bought a KD49X8305CBU TV which initially worked fine after the initial set-up.

After I'd had the TV for a couple of weeks, I switched it on for the first time after it had been switched off overnight and none of the HDMI inputs or the terrestrial TV antenna input were working properly.

I could get sound, but no picture from my Sky box, PS4, blu-ray player, and the terrestrial TV aerial.

I carried out a factory re-set which seemed to cure the problem, but a few weeks later it happened again.  Once again, a re-set cured the problem but since then it's been happening regularly every 7 days or so.  Since I've owned the TV I've had to carry out 5 or 6 re-sets to get the inputs working every few days.

It always happens when I switch the TV on for the first time after it's been off overnight.

I carried out an on-line update which I hoped would cure the problem, but it hasn't made any difference.

Anyone else had a similar problem.?

Ray.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Did you try to leave aerial cable unpluged?

Try this and see if your problem remains on HDMI or other inputs.

If they are ok then there could be a problem with aerial antenna line amplifier. An almost "dead" line amplifier with a terminal resistor semi-burned, could possibly "bring" voltage back to TV which affects a Tuner supply voltage common for all rest circuits.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try what MiCal1967 said above.  However there is an issue with 'sound but no picture' that various people have reported, which is still ongoing.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2040395#M34633

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
rgale47
Explorer

Many thanks for the reply......I've unplugged the cable & I'll see what happens.  I'm 'due' another input failure around Monday or Tuesday so I'll keep the thread updated.... :slight_smile: 

profile.country.GB.title
rgale47
Explorer

I've unplugged the cable & I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  So far, so good but I'm not 'due' another failure until Monday or Tuesday next week.

This does indeed seem to be a bit of an issue with quite a few people having the same problem.

I've raised it with Sony customer support & I'm awaiting their response..

profile.country.GB.title
rgale47
Explorer

Hi, apologies for the delay in replying. That certainly seemed to fix it, I've gone two weeks not without needing to do a factory re-set. I guess that means I need another terrestrial TV aerial.?

Sent from my iPhone