Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI not working since update KD-49XD8077

profile.country.GB.title
gorhowle
Explorer

HDMI not working since update KD-49XD8077

I run all my devices through my amp and never had an issue.  It had an update yesterday and today I get audio via the amp and there is an icon showing there is a device connected to the hdmi input but still get a no signal error.   Any ideas?  Ive tried a restart of the TV.   This is the second big issue ive had with Android TV.   I wasnt aware there was an option to turn off updates until today.  Is there any way to  roll back to a previous version?  Any pointers would be appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear you're having HDMI connectivity potential issues.  I would recommend trying the following steps here to see if this resolves the problem. 

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
gorhowle
Explorer

I got it working again.  It was the deleting system storage that seemed to do it.   Thinking back, it seemed to be the irritating "samba interactive" that stopped it working.   I removed my google account too and turned off auto updates.  It works so im leaving it there!  I think this will be my last Sony TV.   I have been using Sony TVs for 30 years but during the past 5 ive had issues with all of them.  Luckily they were in warantee but Sony Tvs used to be so reliable.   Thanks for the pointers.  I will report back if the problem rears its ugly head again

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Great to hear the problem has been resolved and thanks for letting me know.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc