Join now - be part of our community!

Help! No sound with Sony Bravia 55x85C and Denon AVR-X2000 Amp :(

zwaigo
New

Help! No sound with Sony Bravia 55x85C and Denon AVR-X2000 Amp :(

Hi, I have a Denon AVR-X2000 Amp and I have been using it with my previous Samsung TV.
My Samsung TV didn't have ARC so I was using an optical lead to attach and it worked fine.
I have now just bought a Sony Bravia X85C TV and set it up but couldn't connect it to my Denon amp.
My new TV does have ARC and I've got the HDMI in the right slot in the TV and I have turned on HDMI control in the Denon Video Menu. I've also selected Audio Speakers over TV speakers in the Sound menu of the TV - but no sound coming through my amp.

In my Bravia Sync Settings menu I have Bravia Sync Control set to On.
But in the Bravia Sync Devices List my Denon AVR-X2000 does not show up in the HDMI devices.
I am able to send out an 'enable' signal from the Bravia Sync menu but it just says not devices found.

What is strange is there isn't even any sound when I plug in my optical lead from the amp into the TV which was previously working with the old Samsung TV.

Can anyone help or suggest anything?

I want great sound for my new TV and only sound I can get at the moment is through TV speakers.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In many cases, this is down to either an old or faulty HDMI cable.  ARC was introduced on the 1.4 version.

As its not working on the optical either - try disconnecting the HDMI cable and only have optical - does that work?  Sometimes a switch off of power to both devices can also help.

Cheers