Join now - be part of our community!

Humming noise when playing videos

profile.country.GB.title
Therealsh

Humming noise when playing videos

Hi I've X93D 55" with latest MM 3 months old. I found recently when playing video files from various sources (USB, network) there is a humming noise coming out of the back (right hand side, opposite of peripherals)

The noise increases more when playing HD 1080p or HEVC, looks like a result of procesisng or something.

It happens when playing videos, while on Sky Box HDMI source no such noise...

The TV is connected straight to the wall, so elimintated any extenders.

Any idea guys? before I call support...

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am unsure if you have contacted support already about this - but is the humming noise coming out of the TVs speakers or somewhere else?

If somewhere else, do you have many electrical devices around that area that could possibly introduce EM interferrence?  Try disconnecting and completely switching off ALL devices and only have the TV playing back via USB - does it still occur?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Therealsh

I'm waiting a technician from Sony later today

It is coming from the top left back side of the TV (not from speakers) and it is an electrical circuit noise alike (high frequency wistle - maybe humming not the exact way to describe a noise)

I've found out that when playing video files, 4K, E.265 HEVC that require high processing (I assume) the noise starts. It doesnt happen when playing E.264 1080p video. It happens also on streaming (Amazon Prime 4K and YouTube 4K)

I removed all socket extenders etc. Same story when playing from local storage, USB or LAN

Lets see what Sony guy says when he comes...