Join now - be part of our community!

Internet connection drops

Maisieboo
Explorer

Internet connection drops

Hi

I Have a Sony Bravia KDL43W805C for about 6 months and up until 2 days ago i connected to my home netword via WIFI without any problem.  Now suddenly my connection is dropping almost every 30 seconds and this message pops up on to the screen continually.

I have tried resetting my wireless router (which incidently has no problem connecting to any other device at home`), but it still fails to hold a connection.

I am an IT novice so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
c581991
New

Hi there,

I also have this problem. The only way I have been able to solve this is by factory resetting my router everytime it happens. I have BT infinity-1 with a HUB 6.

I phoned BT and they tell me everything their end and mine is fine. If you choose to go down this route of resolving the issue then please ensure you remove the remembered wifi networrk from your TV first - "Forget network". This ensure that it can be configured correctly when you try and connect again.

Hope this helps and yes, it is a very frustrating issue!!!

regards,

Craig.

Maisieboo
Explorer

Hi Craig

Thank you for the quick reply. However I have tried this already and sadly does not seem to work.

Think I am going to buy a ethernet cable and see if it will connect for any length of time wired. Then give Sony a call maybe.

Ive been through the forum and can’t find any solutions to this although lots if people seem to have problems with their connection.

Thanks again

Maisie
profile.country.GB.title
____Telly
Explorer

I'm sorry to hear you're having this problem. My only suggestion is returning the TV to the shop and asking for a replacement or refund. We've had a year of these sorts of issues. We've been through new routers, ethernet cables, powerline adapters, even a replacement TV. Android is full of bugs, and often it works fine for several months then suddenly stops. Currently, we lose two channels from the YouView EPG every couple of weeks! I wish we'd asked for our money back a long time ago. Sony support is useless. The shop is helpful but there's no sign of a refund but we're still trying. I think money is the only language Sony understand.

I've just had this problem with my kd49x8305 which is only just a year old.  It was returned to a local TV's repair man under the shops guarantee but he could find nothing wrong with the TV's once it got back to his shop.  He's put it down to a poor software drop from Sony not talking to my Talktalk router.  His solution is to sell me a TP link which plugs into the router and into the socket at the TV - acts like an Ethernet cable by using the the mains of the house so the router and TV can be in different rooms.  Works great and has the added advantage of getting the best out of your internet speed - I'm disappointed I've had to buy more kit to get my TV to work.

profile.country.GB.title
____Telly
Explorer

Yes, powerline adapters work well, we use them, too. As you say, you shouldn't have to buy more kit to get the TV to work and I would go to Sony to get them to pay for the link or give you a new set. The TV should work without additional kit, and it failing without you making any changes is not your fault. At least you are up and running, though!

Maisieboo
Explorer

Hi

Update: Phoned Talktalk (my ISP). They have checked the line and tell my I have an interupted broadband signal and have booked an engineer to call Friday morning this week.

I have also now purchased an ethernet cable which I tried this morning and so far that seems to be stabe and there is so far no interuption of my TV connectiuon to the network. 

Wait now and see what happens Friday, if it can be fixed great, if not I shall go with the TP link as suggested by Paul.  Thanks.

Although I am not happy with having to  pay out extra to get what should cone as standard!

Ill let you know what happens Friday

Many thanks to all

Maisieboo
Explorer

Hi Everyone,

Update: Talk Talk engineer yesterday, said signal for broadband was fine and problem was with TV! Have to give him his due he tried several things to try and connect TV for me none of which worked.

However he has given me, totally free of charge as part of the service, a set of D-Link powerline adapters which work great.

So TV not totally wifi but at least it is connected!

Thank you all for your support, and thank you Talktalk.

Regards

Maiseboo
ecsabi
New

I had the same problem. It was caused by the software update. Resetting to factory default and disabling software update solved the issue.

profile.country.GB.title
Staytuned247
Explorer

Try setting the TVs IP address to a static one & reserve that in the router. Shouldn't have to do this but it's worked for me. Doesn't require too much IT knowledge, but if unsure any local IT person will be able to assist.