Join now - be part of our community!

IP Control from Harmony Hub

chbjerg

IP Control from Harmony Hub

Has anybody gotten a 2015 AndroidTV to work with IP control from Logitech Harmony Hub? I've added my tv (KD-65X8509C) as an entertainment device, but the Hub wil only send IR signals. I then tried searching for Wi-Fi devices, but the Hub can't find the TV - it finds my AppleTV but no tv. 

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sorry that no one has responded sooner, i would advise you contacting Harmony Support in your case and see if its supported.

Cheers

profile.country.IE.title
finnyboy
Explorer

I'm having the same issue with my KD-55XD8599 since my Harmony Hub firmware was upgraded to support this.

There's a Reddit on this already in the Bravia Reddit community:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bravia/comments/6qbafp/harmony_hub_ip_control_for_sony_smart_tvs/

One solution that has been pointed out both there and on Logitech's own support site,

is to make sure the telly's device name is its model number, but people have had mixed results with that.

Quote from Logitech: "If you change your Sony TV’s friendly name to something other than the model number, Harmony will be unable to detect, pair or control the TV using IP Control."

I've tried combinations such as just the model number, a combination of "Sony" and the model number, and just "Sony", but have had no luck.

However, I still encourage you to try it. Some users have had more success than others.

https://support.myharmony.com/en-ie/harmony-experience-with-android-tv

profile.country.IE.title
finnyboy
Explorer

Actually, I managed to get Harmony setup to recognize it.

The telly must be named by the model number, as stated, but **without** the hyphen,

so my KD-55XD8599 had to be named KD55XD85909 for it to be detected.

Hope this helps.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Beware that your TV won't go into deep sleep anymore when enabling IP Control. So your TV will constantly consume 20W.