Join now - be part of our community!

IR Blaster for KD55XD7005

SOLVED
profile.country.SI.title
martomo
Explorer

IR Blaster for KD55XD7005

When unpacking the Sony Bravia KD-55XD7005(BAEP), I was suprised that it did not come with an IR Blaster, after making some calls it seems that apparently only UK models come with the IR Blaster.

I've bought an USB IR Blaster from a spare part shop with product code 1-845-283-12 and managed to run the IR Blaster settings through HALauncher.

However I'm not sure whether this USB IR Blaster is not compatible or defect, as upon configuring IR Blaster settings, I'm still unable to operate my set-top box via IR Blaster.

Could anyone please tell me what the product code (e.g.1-845-283-12) is of USB IR Blaster which comes with XD7005(BU)?

Or can someone explain what are the difference between the available USB IR Blaster with different product codes?

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have sent a message to Sony to find out on your behalf.  When I get an answer I will post back.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @martomo

The part number for the IR Blaster you require is : 184916111

It can be found:

http://uk.eetgroup.com/i/184916111-Sony-IR-BLASTER-CABLE

Sony Tech Support believes that there should be no reason why this IR Blaster cannot work in other EU countries outside of the UK  - There 'may' be the case of factory resetting the TV and choosing UK as a country in order to bring up the IR Blaster options in the settings.

Good Luck with everything.  Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers

profile.country.SI.title
martomo
Explorer

@Anonymous Are you absolutely sure, that it's part number 1-849-161-11?

Because when I searched for images online, I see it's not an USB connector but more like a stereo jack connector, which my television does not have a corresponding input.

According to the Reference Guide (page 10), it shows that the IR Blaster input "should" be between the VIDEO/AUDIO L-R and LAN input, but when I check my television there is no IR Blaster input.

Also on the Setup Guide it indicates clearly that the IR Blaster has stereo jack connector in the illustrations.

I'm confused now, as the support video indicates the IR Blaster has an USB connector.

Is this the difference between KD-55XD7005BAEP and KD-55XD7005BU television models, that BAEP model does not have an IR Blaster connector?

As far I was told is that these television models should be identical.

Can someone confirm whether it is even possible for me to have an IR Blaster configured without this input, or using IR Blaster with USB connector as alternative?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The reference guide you linked to is correct.  According to screenshot below, the IR blaster input should be located - have another look again:

IR Blaster - XD70.jpg

In regards to USB connection - ignore this, as its clearly not applicable for your model TV.  My KD-55XD8577 TV uses a USB IR Blaster.  So clealy for your TV and other models they have changed the design.

I have double checked and can confirm that the part of the IR Blaster for the UK is correct.

IR Blaster - XD70b.jpg

To honest, I do not know of the differences between KD-55XD7005BAEP and KD-55XD7005BU (if any), or whether the IR Blaster port is not on the KD-55XD7005BAEP.  My only other bit of advice is for you to contact Sony Support in your country.

Cheers

profile.country.SI.title
martomo
Explorer

@Anonymous I've contacted the Sony support line for Slovenia, which was very helpful and gave me the contact for a Sony service center (Atron) in Ljubljana.

This Sony service center had the worst service ever, I've called them and manage to explain my problem and followed up with an e-mail and they said they would inquire further.

After a couple days with no response, decided to call them for more information, the guy who was handling my case was never in the office, so after calling them every off day for 2 weeks, I just gave up on this hopeless service center.

In the end I bought an Harmony Companion universal remote, which managed to replace the remote of my set-top box and all other remotes, which is great, a shame of the Sony television remote which is one of the better remotes I've had.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @martomo

Thank you for the update - it is a great pity that you received poor service from one of the service centres. However the Harmony range of universal remote controls are great !

Cheers