Join now - be part of our community!

Is there an official Sony response to the Terrestrial apps not working on my Bravia KD-43X81J ?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
thekent

Is there an official Sony response to the Terrestrial apps not working on my Bravia KD-43X81J ?

Like many other Sony TV customers I have just discovered that the Terrestrial 'catch up' apps have stopped working 😕.
I tap on them from the Google TV home page and they do not respond.
Other apps eg. Prime, YouTube all respond and load perfectly.
I have been away for a week and returned to find that I can no  longer use the catch up apps for terrestrial TV 🤔
I select the apps and they are totally unresponsive.
I am 'blonde' but, I discovered that I can access these particular apps through the "Live TV & Catch Up" app but I dont believe my TV should work this way. This is not what I thought I was 'buying' into when I purchased this TV :tv:

So far, I haven't been able to find any official response or advise from Sony on this matter. Even a; "we are working on an update" type of  response would be helpful  😑

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Elodin

Hey, Sony released an article on their website with the solution, you can check it from this link, I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Hywel21
New

Same problem just with ITV hub and My4. Both work on my other Sony TV. Both work on my Samsung TV upstairs.

profile.country.GB.title
thekent

It seems to be a very common problem. Im hoping there is an official response to this issue for everyone so we know what is causing the problem 🤞

profile.country.GB.title
PeterHam
New

Same problem with iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and Channel 5. BBC Sounds app works though. Product is the Bravia XR-55A80J.

profile.country.GB.title
RichardKl
Explorer

This is happening on my brand new A95K too. Nothing happens when I click iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, My5. The other apps work fine. The catchup apps work from within the TV Catchup app but no the homepage.

Would be nice to know when a solution will be available.

profile.country.GB.title
Elodin

Hey, Sony released an article on their website with the solution, you can check it from this link, I hope this helps.

profile.country.GB.title
thekent

Thank you so much for resonding with a link to the article released by Sony today.

I have followed their instructions and it has resolved the issue 🙂 

Brilliant.

profile.country.GB.title
Elodin

Hey, you're always welcome. we are all here trying to help each other. Enjoy the rest of your evening.