Join now - be part of our community!

KD43XF8796 Bluetooth sync issues

profile.country.GB.title
HashbrownRolo

KD43XF8796 Bluetooth sync issues

Hello community,

My brand new XF87 is being a right pain in the pancreas.

As connecting the TV to my soundbar via optical cable is causing problems, I tried to connect via Bluetooth instead. I can get them to connect properly, however the audio lags (an audio sync test shows the sound to be late by about 100-200 ms, which is very noticable when watching people talking on screen, or sudden noises like gun shots etc.)

I've tried setting the AV Sync setting in the sound options to On, and turing the TV off and on, but with no improvement whatsoever. The soundbar and the TV are very close to each other, both resting on the same TV table.

Are there any other settings tucked away that I can try tweaking? 

Thank you for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Bluetooth connection to a soundbar is not a solution, which problem do you have connecting it via optical (or HDMI ARC if available) ? it should be straightforward.

For synch option you should find such an option on the soundbar rather than the TV

profile.country.GB.title
HashbrownRolo

Hello rooobb,

Thanks for your reply. The optical issue I'm having is detailed in this thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/kd43xf8796-optical-out-sending-data-light-when-tv-is-in-s...

I've checked the soundbar settings and annoyingly there is an audio sync setting but it isn't available when Bluetooth is used as a source.

Thanks for your help so far