Join now - be part of our community!

KD55 handset problem

profile.country.GB.title
RRG-Fafnir

KD55 handset problem

I used my handset with the web browser on my TV. After some time navigating around, the handset froze and I was no longer able to control my TV. I checked batteries and they were OK, I reset the TV twice and no change. As it was Saturday night and needed my TV for the weekend, I got out an old SKY handset, entered a code and I managed to control some functions of the TV, but not all and that worked for the weekend. Monday morning I went on line to buy a new handset and needed the serial number, but then thought I would give it one last try and it worked.

What is going on?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Please see the following Help Guide here for when the remote control is not working.

Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.GB.title
RRG-Fafnir

I tried all those, but did not work. It seems to me like a buffering problem, this is the second time it has occurred when using the web browser. I have to press the arrow keys repeatadly to move the cursor around the screen and after some time of inputting the commands, the cursor and TV freeze

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi again,

I would recommend getting in touch with the Sony Support team here who will be able to advise.

Best wishes,

Sean