Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-50W805C rebooting while off

Sawyeri
New

KDL-50W805C rebooting while off

OK, here's the issue: I have my KDL-50W805C connected to a HDMI port on my computer, where it acts as a 3rd display. While the TV is off, it seems to randomly reboot, causing the computer's displays to blink off and back on while the computer detects the TV seems to be "disconnected" (due to it rebooting). It sometimes does this sometimes several times per hour, and the "boots" don't seem to be timed.

What is the cause of this behaviour in the TV and is there something that I can do to stop it from making that? Other than of course pulling the power plug, which is not what I'd want to do every time when I'm not watching the TV.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Your problem is a weird one indeed.  i dont get how the tv reboots when it is off?  Are you meaning that the tv switches itself on automatically.  If so, try setting 'Auto TV on' to off in the Bravia sync settings (external inputs) and see if that has an effect.

Cheers

Sawyeri
New

No, it still remains off, but how do I know that it is rebooting?

As soon as I notice the computer's displays blink off and back on, I go switch on the TV, and instead of starting straight up to the Home view, I am seeing the boot animation.

Sawyeri
New

Switched off all settings related to WiFi networking. Seems to be related in some way.

For couple days now, the issue hasn't re-occured.

I will try to connect the TV to my router via an ethernet cable and see what happens.