Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-50W808C crashes when started by cast

wicols
Explorer

KDL-50W808C crashes when started by cast

Hope I found the right place for this, I saw some bug reports here being taken seriously so I though I might give it a go.

I recently got a KDL-50W808C (2015 Android TV). I've been having this problem with it where it crashes completely if I start casting to it when it's in standby. I think it behaves slightly different after the latest software update. Earlier it would start blinking in different color (red, blue, green etc) and then stay on red for a while before shutting itself of completely - I have to use the remote (as opposed to the sideview app) to turn it on and then I get the sony logo -> boot process etc. After the latest software update it behaves the same except it actually starts playing the sound of the video casted, and then proceeds to crash.

It doesn't matter from what app I cast (misc play services, chrome..).

If I start the TV with the remote first casting works fine.

I've tried a factory reset but that didn't help.

I have some experience with android devices so I obtained a log(cat) of the crash. I don't see any way of attaching files so I'll put it on my drive: tv_crash.log. Let me know if you want it some other way.

Does anyone else have this issue? It didn't sound like it in the bug roundup thread.. Any suggestions welcome!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

I also have the same issue, it used to work before the Feb 2nd Update. Now if the set is in standby, the lights flashes red a few times them the set crashes. I can recover the crash log if it is required. it will work if the set is not in standby.

Obvious a new bug introduced !

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.