Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-50W809C Issues

marksolesbury
Explorer

KDL-50W809C Issues

Ive recently purchased a KDL-50W809C, to repalce a KDL-40D3500

I have some brand loyalty for Sony, so didnt even bother looking at other brands - kinda regretting that now.

This KDL-50W809C is full of issues - they are all software releated, so I hope that things will be better over time with OTA system udpates... Its runnung the latest release of software.

I dont know if some of these are known issues but wonder if anyone else has suffered similar?

1 - Remote sometimes stops working for a minute or so - have to wait.

2 - Audio quality is poor.. the speaker on my iPhone is better.

3 - Twice now there has been an issue with the image processing which has reslted in extremely poor colour saturation, with no DMAX, and really odd looking black spots in the shaddow areas. I took a picture (attached) earlier today when it did it. Spots can be seen on the left in the dark areas of the hair and on his lower hairline.

I found that restarting the TV though the Settings menu resolves this - colours are restored and there are no black dots anywhere.

2015-12-06 08.09.56.jpg

Anyone else suffered these issues yet?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In regards to your first problem - this is a known issue, the genersl unresponsiveness of the remote especially with YouView.

In regards to audio.  This is the first time that ive heard it described as poor.  I have the same tv, but have it connected to an AV reciever, so dont really use tv speakers.  But in comparison to many other brands of tvs Sonys audio quality is generally ranked high.

No the third issue.  Ive not heard this before and frankly in puzzled and a little worried.  For this, i think you might be best to report this to Sony.  I will flag your post to Sony Support, so you dont need to do so.  Please ensure that you have the correct contact details in your profile.

Thank you.

marksolesbury
Explorer

Thanks for the reply.

ill perhaps pop to a shop and turn the sound up to compare mine against a demo unit to see.

ill keep this thread updated with any more black dot issues and take photos where I can.

thanks for escalating. 

marksolesbury
Explorer

Hi

Since updating to firmware v2645, this black dot issue seems to not have happened again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent - thanks for posting back!