Join now - be part of our community!

My Sony KD-85XH8096 problem with sound bar

profile.country.GB.title
colstorr
Explorer

My Sony KD-85XH8096 problem with sound bar

My Sony Tv has started switching on my sound-bar when both are in standby mode.

If I disconnect the power to the Tv everything is fine the sound-bar stays in standby mode but once the Tv has power and both are in standby after a couple of minutes the sound-bar comes out of standby. It’s seems the Tv is sending a start signal to the sound-bar via the Arc connection. The Hdmi lead is a new 8k version so I think I can file that out.

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@ colstorr, turn off Bravia Sync (Auto on option).

profile.country.GB.title
colstorr
Explorer

Sorry but where is that.

profile.country.GB.title
colstorr
Explorer

Sorry but that did not work.

profile.country.GB.title
colstorr
Explorer

Anyone else have any idea’s about this problem I have.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Have you tried investigating on the soundbar (that you didn't even mention)? If you switched bravia sync off there is no way the TV is sending any command to the soundbar but the it should not even work at all because arc needs CeC (aka bravia sync) : so what did you try?

profile.country.GB.title
colstorr
Explorer

The sound bar worked great for the first 3 weeks then it started to come out of standby, the sound bar is a Majority Sierra Plus (I know not a Sony Bar but I had problems with a sony-hts40r-5.1-sound-bar in the past not seeing the device all of the time) I have switched the Bravia sync off and the sound bar did not start up with the Tv but would like it to startup and use the Tv remote so I can do away with one remote. Also done a soft Tv reset, powered down and disconnected the power to both items, and done the Bravia external item setup a few times. I am now in the process of sending it back and getting a replacement bar. So watch this space when I get the replacement.

Piscie
Community Team

Hi @colstorr, which software version is currently installed on your TV? You can find out by pressing the Help button. Also, have you checked if the issue is still happening with Bravia Sync turned off?

profile.country.GB.title
colstorr
Explorer

I have now give up on this sound bar and returned it, will try again with a Sony sound bar shortly.