Join now - be part of our community!

New KD49XE8004 lots of apps have disappeared!

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
carsonofmars
New

New KD49XE8004 lots of apps have disappeared!

Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this question has been answered before but I cannot see that it has after searching here - some similar issues but no resolutions.

I have a new BRAVIA KD49XE8004 and I am very pleased with it apart from one issue.

When I first set it up there were lots of apps available for things like old and foreign film collections etc. maybe 10,15 or so apps in addition to the Netfix, Amazon, BBC Iplayer etc. apps.

But they have disappeared... Netflix,Amazon, BBC apps are all still there but none of the interesting other apps.

I have reset the TV (gone through setting it all up from scratch) but still none of those other apps. I refreshed the internet several times, but didnt work either.

The Internet connection is pretty fast (Virgin 200Mps) and everything else is just fine.

But can anyone help me get those ppas back?

Many thanks!

Nick.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
arpwarden
Explorer

Probably region locked apps that took a while to get your location properly, not unusual and happens on other Android TV devices.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

Can you name them?

If those apps were installed later than reset made them gone for good.

Also, even if you don't see an app in launcher you can still see it and start it in settings-apps.

profile.country.GB.title
arpwarden
Explorer

Probably region locked apps that took a while to get your location properly, not unusual and happens on other Android TV devices.

profile.country.GB.title
carsonofmars
New

That's it! I did think they were mainly US orientated apps at the time with so many US TV programs etc.

Thanks for that, now I know!

profile.country.GB.title
carsonofmars
New

I wish I could remember the names of the apps, but I can't - arpwarden said it's likely due to the fact they were regional apps that were subsequently removed when they became aware I'm in the UK and they were for US customers. Thanks for helping though.