Join now - be part of our community!

No freeview connection

profile.country.GB.title
Neil-G
New

No freeview connection

I do not have an aeriel connection to by KD-49XF8796. I rely on Virgin media (which does not transmit freeview).

How can I view All 4, etc. When I open the app it kicks of to scan the freeview broadcast system which will not work and I cannot seem to download a standalone app via the play store.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You do not have any antenna in your home or it is connected to the Virgin media box? In this case you could make use of a splitter and connect the tv too...

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Neil-G wrote:

I do not have an aerial connection to my KD-49XF8796. I rely on Virgin media (which does not transmit freeview).

How can I view All 4, etc. When I open the app it kicks off to scan the freeview broadcast system which will not work and I cannot seem to download a standalone app via the play store.

Any ideas?

The All4 app is provided only on the YouView side of these sets. Additionally, it requires that you have tuned in Channel Four over a terrestrial aerial before the All4 app will run.

This is also true of the itv Hub and channel 3.

So even the Hoshsadiq sideload for these apps, which makes these two apps available on the Freeview side of these sets, won’t help you here.

If you have a terrestrial aerial, connect this to the TV and tune it under YouView.

After that, though, you don’t need to keep the aerial connected; so if you don’t have a roof or loft aerial, an indoor aerial might suffice if you are in a strong signal area.

Alternatively, if you don’t want to use a terrestrial aerial, or you can’t use one, then a NowTV or Roku Stick, or an Amazon Firestick, plugged into one of your HDMI ports, will give you the All4 app viewable on your TV. £20-£40, and no need to subscribe to any of the services on these sticks, unless you want to.

Not all the All4 apps let you watch live Channel Four, but this won’t matter in your case, as you can get this on the Virgin box.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…