Join now - be part of our community!

"Switching to TV speakers"

profile.country.US.title
john.p.vinson
New

"Switching to TV speakers"

I have a Sony Bravia XBR-65X900C. I have connected an Onkyo audio system through HDMI 4 (ARC).  I've had this setup for several years now. Just recently, the TV has been switching off the external audio system and on to the TV speakers which results in no picture and no sound.  To reconnect to external audio, I increase the volume on the Onkyo control and it all comes back to normal.  I've "googled" it and tried everything, to include a factory reset.

Has anyone had this problem and figured out how to stop it??

Thanks,

-Jjohn

2 REPLIES 2
puzzles
New

Hi,

I think I have the same problem. I have a KD-65ZD9 connected to a STR-DN1080 receiver via HDMI3 (ARC). I've been using this setup without any kind of problems for about 6 months but about a week or two ago I started getting this weird glitch where in the middle of a movie (Netflix, Media Player, whatever) the sound would suddenly stop. I still have picture because the movie is played directly by the TV (no receiver necessary) but no sound at all. Once that happens, I have no sound in any of the video player apps. My "solution" was to stop playback, turn off the receiver, turn it on again and then sound would work again for a while.

Last week this happened a couple of times but yesterday I couldn't watch any movie because the sound would always cut out after 2-3 minutes into the movie. For now, I'm using my PS4 to watch Netflix until Sony Support can give me a solution.

Cheers,

Zoltan

profile.country.US.title
john.p.vinson
New

I called tech support and it looks as if the problem is fixed.  The BlueRay is connected to the Onkyo as well and the HDMI "control" setting on the BlueRay was "On". I changed it to "Off" and it seams to have fixed the issue...we'll see.