Join now - be part of our community!

Re: Bravia 2015 Android TV Issues

profile.country.en_GB.title
mimorga46
Explorer

Re: Bravia 2015 Android TV Issues

Success at last - a FULL refund from Currys after buying my Sony KD-49X8309C last July! Like others I have experienced many of the problems described and I began my quest for recompense after the October update. My problems were described and logged soon after that update with Citizens Advice, Currys and Sony. At the time I was optimistic that things would be resolved by Sony, but after the December and February updates it was clear that they were unable to guarantee a fully functioning and reliable television - such a shame as the picture quality was excellent after appropriate tweaking of the settings. Throughout February I have been in regular contact with Currys and Sony by both email and/or phone. I must say that Currys have been both supportive and helpful and I managed to get a direct line to one person to discuss problems and keep me updated - essential I think to get the outcome you want. (He soon discovered that Sony Support left much to be desired with the constant referral to escalate to the higher technical team!) Having carefully kept records and dates of ALL communication, l was able to present my "Currys Star" with a comprehensive set of e-documentation and argued that "the television set is not of satisfactory quality, is clearly not free of faults and is not fit for purpose - and never has been since I bought it". After discussion with his manager on Friday I was over the moon to learn that Currys would collect the set on Saturday and credit my MasterCard with the full amount in a few days. I have just ordered a 50in Panasonic from Currys having seen it operating in my local store. I am looking forward to trouble free viewing from Wednesday . . .

As a footnote, I was about to make a MasterCard claim under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act and actually sent them my e-documentation and a covering letter of support. Having spoken on the phone about my experiences, MasterCard were more than happy to take my case on my case and support me and had requested the evidence. This is clearly a route to follow if appropriate . . . 

Good luck to all those who are still struggling with the many problems that these sets seem to exhibit. 28/02/2016

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As i said in another post.  Glad you got your refund - after all, its you as a consumer that needs to be happy with the products you purchsse.

For others reading, there is a new Consumer Rights Act 2015 for purchases made either on or after 1 October 2015

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/general-chat/consumer-rights-act-2015/m-p/2055673

Cheers