Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 43xe8396 remote control

profile.country.GB.title
pistonvalve
New

Sony 43xe8396 remote control

Hi,

Selecting input channel (top LH button), the list of inputs is shown for 5 seconds which is not enough time to select!  Is it possible to increase this time?

Mike.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi Mike,

I do agree with you that the timeout of 5 secs is extremely short. It is unfortunate that there is no way of increasing it, as far I know at least. I think the design idea behind the choice for a short 5 second timeout has been to use it not really as a call-up menu, but as a toggle button. So in order to swap the INPUT, make a habit of keeping your finger on the same button on the remote, and keep tapping it until your desired INPUT is highlighted. Then just wait for the list to timeout. In this way you save the time you require to find the INPUT you're interested on the list, and also the time to look for the UP or DOWN buttons on the remote and then pressing OK.

Perhaps SONY must reconsider the design idea for this extremely short timeout and increase it in a future update to something more reasonable. Or even better include the timeout period in the Accessibility or Developer Settings, so there is at least a way of customising it.

Cheers!