Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Android 9 with YouView:- ITV Hub not updating in readiness for new ITV X app

profile.country.GB.title
RonRoyce

Sony Android 9 with YouView:- ITV Hub not updating in readiness for new ITV X app

I see that my Sony Bravia OLED (KD-55A85) has not updated the ITV Hub app in readiness for the impending ITV X update.

Some background. As part of the change to ITV X TVs should be receiving an update within this month that comprises of a UI refresh which changes the menu from horizontal to a vertical sidebar. There are also changes to the base code which are not supported by some (mainly older) TVs and these will not run the new application when it launches. The app version changes to v2.xxx. However, my TV is still on the older v1.xxx version and there is no update to YouView or ITV Hub in the play store. Surely a 2020 manufactured TV is not one of these "older" TVs??

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@RonRoyce 

Surely October is not over yet?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
RonRoyce

TVs have updated already. To my knowledge all Freeview play devices received the update last month, I know for certain android 9 reference+1.0 devices have updated as have Vestel Linux devices. Ditto Virgin media and fire TV. ITV X is due to go live in a few weeks. So why are Sony so far behind the curve?

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey RonRoyce, IDK about this plan, but keep an eye on the support page for updates: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-oled-tvs-android-/kd-55a85/downloa...