Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia won't turn off

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
CatherineAnne
Explorer

Sony Bravia won't turn off

My new (roughly 2 months old) Sony Bravia won't turn off - either with the remote control or by pressing the power button on the back of the TV for several seconds. 

The remote control is working to change channels etc, so I assume the batteries don't need changing.

Is it safe to unplug the TV as there seems no other way of turning it off?

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.US.title
Psinger25
New

I need to start out by saying I hate this TV.  While images are great, the Android operating system gives me nothing but headaches on the 3 Sony TVs I own.  

The latest one, purchased this summer, seems to be the worst.  I have reset the remote twice and performed a factory reset three times now and the TV continues to turn on by itself.  Entering information or confirming selections on the TV with the remote takes over 15 seconds for each item.  It’s going to give me an aneurysm I’m sure.

Can you please give me my money back so I can buy a TV that works?  Or have someone come to my house and fix it?

Best,

Really frustrated and ***** off customer (Paul)

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Psinger25, this is a customer based community, so Sony won't be seeing your comment. If you want to, you can contact them directly: https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email?cat=televisions-projectors1

Regarding your issue, what's the model number of your TV? Software version? Connected devices?

profile.country.GB.title
Thomo5679
Explorer

Well Done Sony this simple action worked