Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD-55XD9305 TV (running Android 7.0 - Sony release 5381) location via WiFi does not work

profile.country.DK.title
reiche1

Sony KD-55XD9305 TV (running Android 7.0 - Sony release 5381) location via WiFi does not work

I can not run Eurosport Player. When starting it displays a startup screen, and after a while displays a message: "Eurosport Player is not available in you country" (translated from danish). I did allow the app to establish my location.

Same problem with the AccuWeather, although it fails a lot faster.

Does anyone have a working GPS via WiFi on the release 5381 (for ATV1)?

/M

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

HI @reiche1

It's possible your problem cannot be reproduced for UK users of both the TV and the Eurosport app.

I'm not clear what you're referring to as 'ATV1'? As you mention GPS over WiFi I'm guessing this is Apple TV? It may be worth making enquiries on an Apple forum, if you haven't already. Certainly the location issue would relate to that, rather than the TV.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.DK.title
reiche1

Hi!

The ATV1 is first technical platform for Sony Android TV. Sony moved to ATV2 in second half of 2016. Which created the situration where the cheaper XD TV sets of 2016 XD70, XD75, XD80, XD83 all got the new ATV2 while the more expensive sets XD85, XD93, XD94 were left on the older platform, which I fear probably won't get updated as far as the cheaper ones.

It's probably the same problem with AccuWeather, I guess there must some users of Eurosport Player or Accuweather on XD85, XD93, XD94 or any XC model.

Cheers,

Michael