Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD43X8309C Android TV NO HOME SCREEN AFTER LAST UPDATE

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
barkbythorpe
New

Sony KD43X8309C Android TV NO HOME SCREEN AFTER LAST UPDATE

Hi.......Ive got a KD43X8309C which has lost the HOME SCREEN at START UP and thus access to features. This occured after the last update!!!

Cant seem to restore. Cant even access shipping condition/factory settings which may help to restore?

Can anybody please help? Even instructions on how to access restoration of factory settings without access to home screen would be helpful........Have tried holding the standby button and UP button for several seconds as described but this doesnt seem to help

Many thanks

Regards

Mick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.FI.title
CapoDiTutti
Explorer

hi

yes, I did send a question about this to Sony Support but their proposals were either useless or simply wrong. Not really happy with that experience.

However, I got my problem solved by following the instructions on this thread: 

https://community.sony.fi/t5/android-tv/home-button-not-working-after-last-firmware-update-sony-55xd...

where there was the same problem and the solution was to go to settings via user help/manual, and restore the factory settings, which corrected this problem.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

try unpluging the tv for a couple of minutes, tv should reboot

profile.country.FI.title
CapoDiTutti
Explorer

Same problem but with KD-55X8505C. Pressing HOME button makes the screen a bit transparent grey. I can still see behind what I was watching. It seems that it's trying to open the list of applications etc. but it never gets there. Booting the device doesn't help and it's been really hard and unsuccesful to find advice on Sony support pages.

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi CapoDiTutti,

You can contact Sony about this via this link.

Cheers,
Pascale_F

profile.country.FI.title
CapoDiTutti
Explorer

hi

yes, I did send a question about this to Sony Support but their proposals were either useless or simply wrong. Not really happy with that experience.

However, I got my problem solved by following the instructions on this thread: 

https://community.sony.fi/t5/android-tv/home-button-not-working-after-last-firmware-update-sony-55xd...

where there was the same problem and the solution was to go to settings via user help/manual, and restore the factory settings, which corrected this problem.

profile.country.GB.title
steverdx
Explorer

I have the same problem with my home button not working on my 43X8309C after the latest software update.

If this has been solved via the help menu can someone post clear instructions as which menu option is needed.

I cannot find any of the options referred to in the solved section.

Many thanks

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Please take a look at this thread where I have posted the step-by-step instructions. You can try first only to delete the Update Cache Data. Only if that doesn’t resolve your problem after a reboot, then proceed to the Factory Data Reset process. 

profile.country.GB.title
steverdx
Explorer

Hi Dutchie,

many thanks for the response but still no success. The help menu must be different to your menu as i only have 3 rows and none of the options include a settings option. the service and support option does exist but the factory reset code didnt not work on my TV. Do you have any other ideas? many thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

What do you see when clicking on “Contact and Support”? You must see information related to Remote Assistance.  While on that screen, did you press on your remote control the sequence buttons?

profile.country.GB.title
steverdx
Explorer

Hi, Yes I did, both with and without the remote access code. However the good news is I found a youtube video that provided a way to force a factory reset via the 4 buttons on the TV itself. It involves holding two buttons and powering up, a little tricky on your own but it worked and I was able to access the menu and settings screen, cleared application data. Everything seems to work. Sony how about putting this in your user manual! YouTube link here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDP_fY8CLQ4