Join now - be part of our community!

SONY KDL-75W855C settings after update are not working

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
ycodryn
New

SONY KDL-75W855C settings after update are not working

Hello. Today I made an update for my SONY KDL-75W855C. After that I can`t access settings menu. Screen becomes blurry and that`s it. Everything else is working fine. I made some restarts, power cut, waiting, but is not working. What should I do ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

I'm also afraid the settings will indeed be lost. Using the ADB interface will involve a series of steps and tools (e.g. Linux, Andriod SDK, USB A/A, etc.) which will bluntly speaking risk your TV requiring a service repair technician to fix. Consider also that that possibly might even lead to unnecessary delays and costs. It will take you literally less time to dismount the TV from the wall than to go down the unconventional routes.

My suggestion for you is not to make matters worse and proceed as follows:

1. Turn your TV ON.
  2. Press the HELP button on your remote.
  3. Scroll down to the block named "Contact and Support".
  4. Press the following sequence of keys in a rapid pace: RED > 3 > 8 > 5 > 7 > PLAY
  5. Your TV will proceed with the Factory Data Reset process automatically

I understand you are a TV enthusiast exploring around with developer and diagnostic tools. My advice for you is to fully understand the risks involved. So proceed with caution, and in the future always execute a Factory Data Reset manually prior to updating your TV firmware.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi ycodryn,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I would recommend a Reboot of your TV. You can find more details on how to perform this here.

Let me know if this helps. 

Cheers,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
ycodryn
New

Hello. Yes I already tried 3 times and setting are still not working.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Just a quick thought. You probably require a Factory Data Reset, however since you don't have access to the Settings menu of the TV, try triggering the process as follows:

1. Unplug TV from the power outlet
  2. Wait at least for about 10 minutes
  3. Press and hold the POWER and VOL DOWN on the physical buttons of the TV
  4. While pressing the two buttons, plug in the TV to the power outlet
  5. Keep holding the buttons until the TV LED indicator turns green
profile.country.GB.title
ycodryn
New

I was afraid of that. I love my settings 😞 I will try your steps and bring back some feedback. Thank you.

edit: my tv is on wall and on ups. is a little hard to do those things. can i do a factory reset using adb?

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

I'm also afraid the settings will indeed be lost. Using the ADB interface will involve a series of steps and tools (e.g. Linux, Andriod SDK, USB A/A, etc.) which will bluntly speaking risk your TV requiring a service repair technician to fix. Consider also that that possibly might even lead to unnecessary delays and costs. It will take you literally less time to dismount the TV from the wall than to go down the unconventional routes.

My suggestion for you is not to make matters worse and proceed as follows:

1. Turn your TV ON.
  2. Press the HELP button on your remote.
  3. Scroll down to the block named "Contact and Support".
  4. Press the following sequence of keys in a rapid pace: RED > 3 > 8 > 5 > 7 > PLAY
  5. Your TV will proceed with the Factory Data Reset process automatically

I understand you are a TV enthusiast exploring around with developer and diagnostic tools. My advice for you is to fully understand the risks involved. So proceed with caution, and in the future always execute a Factory Data Reset manually prior to updating your TV firmware.

profile.country.GB.title
ycodryn
New

Thank you, with help from my wife we managed to use tv buttons and ups shutdown. Settings lost but is not so bad.
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Give yourself and your wife a pat on the back, you earned it!