Join now - be part of our community!

Soundbar switching on delay

adamypatel
Explorer

Soundbar switching on delay

Just got the KD55X8509C and connected it to the CT380 soundbar using HDMI(ARC). All was working fine, with soundbar switching on as soon as TV was switched on. However, last two days, the soundbar doesn't switch on straight away. There is a 15 second delay before it switches on. Has anybody else experienced this problem and if so, can it be resolved?

I have done the usual, reset soundbar, TV and disconnect and reconnect, but still having the same problem.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Do you have any other devices connected to the soundbar, if so unplug them from the sound bar and see if that assists.

You said that it was all working fine upto 2 days ago - has anything changed your end?  Did you change any settings at all or... ?

Cheers

adamypatel
Explorer

Hi.

No devices are connected to the soundbar. Only change I made was to unplug all my devices so I could change my extension lead!

I have tried connecting all my other devices to the soundbar, but this made no difference. When I disconnected all my devices from tv, soundbar switched on quicker. When I reattached them, longer delay. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like the delay is introduced due to the initial HDMI Handshake with each additional device adding a few seconds.  I find some delay normal operation, but is 15 seconds though?

So, what happens when you reverse this.  Meaning, only have the soundbar connected to the tv, and the devices connected to the soundbar instead?  Try testing this and see if it helps.

If it doesnt, my only other suggestion is to contact Sony Support im afraid.