Join now - be part of our community!

Standby power usage - KD-55X8005C

profile.country.GB.title
march83

Standby power usage - KD-55X8005C

I've noticed that more often than not when the TV should be in standby node it is actually using between 20w and 30w. It does occassionally use less than 1w which is how it should be in standby but is there a way to force it to stay in proper standby mode not just in some type of reduced power state?  I've got all the stuff disabled that said it would use extra power like checking for updates when in standby and allowing it to be woken up remotely. There doesn't seem to be a physical power switch and I don't want to have to pull the plug every time.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

There is no physical power switch on the tv any longer.  This is because TVs are not ment to be completely switched off all the time.  From my understanding, once the tv goes into standby, the tv will reduce power.  After a period of time (i dont know how long) - the tv will go into a deep sleep mode.  Hence the fluctuations you see between 20w and then 1w.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
march83

Thanks for the reply. I think that is probably what is happening. I've seen it using about 1w a lot more since I posted this topic the other day. I think it must wake up at certain times though as sometimes when I go to turn it on after it has been off for hours it is showing that it using more than 20w again. I think it is probably by design rather than a fault though and as long as it isn't using loads of electricity when it is off I'm not to bothered.