Join now - be part of our community!

Three day old Bravia not turning on

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-J-N
Explorer

Three day old Bravia not turning on

On Saturday I picked up my 55xe83 tv,tonight whilst going through the menus it turned itself off and started flashing red 7 times,when I turn it on it gets to the Android load screen and goes off again,anyone know what the matter is or if it's easily fixed as apart from a couple of niggles I am happy with it.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Since it goes to the Android loading screen the motherboard should be ok. then it soft reboots. Chances are that after failing the data has got corrupted. You should try a (hard) reset to factory settings. This guide will tell you how.

If after the reset it still doesn;t work I am afraid the flash memory is fried. In that case you must call the Sony service (or if you are still in time return the TV to the shop and get a new one).

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-J-N
Explorer

No,could do nothing with it so getting it swapped over on Saturday.What could cause this to happen,I was just trying out different picture settings when it happened.It's the fourth tv that has developed or had a fault in the last couple of months....Sony Bravia-light bleed,Viera-panel effects,lg-panel shot,worried that the next one will have a whole new problem.Bring back Plasma.