Join now - be part of our community!

TV guide issue on Bravia Android TV

profile.country.DK.title
refrejn

TV guide issue on Bravia Android TV

Hi,

I have a KDL-55W807C and have an issue with the TV guide (EPG). This is the EU version so no Youview.

Very often, which is 9 out of 10 times, when we use the EPG to switch channels then we have to do it two times. The first time the screen just goes black with the channel info on the top, but no picture. The TV displays this message in the lower right corner: "The selected service is encrypted or can't be decoded" (translated from Danish). When we open the EPG again and press OK to select the same channel again, then it finally makes the switch. This is very annoying since this is basic TV functionality that should just work.

This also happens with the very latest firmware from February 17th. We use Yousee cable TV (Denmark) and have a CI+ card inserted to allow access to the channels that we're subscribing to. Every time we switch channels using the EPG, then we quickly see the CI+ interface with the message "You don't have access to the channel" but it disappears and the channel shows up (when we select the channel the second time). This is an annoyance and doesn't look pretty, but it's not as big a problem as the one with the EPG.

If we change channels by entering the channel number then it just switches channel with no issue, but that's usually not how we do it.

This has been a problem since the day that we bought the TV in september 2015. The firmware updates have solved other problems but this have stayed. Are anyone else experiencing this?

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I can confirm that this is a known issue and Sony is currently investigating with a view of fixing this.  I dont have a timescale of a fix though.

Cheers

Nygarderk
Explorer

Im also having a issue with the EPG, when im accesing the Guide the screen goes black and the TV by itself switches channel behind the EPG, when I close the EPG the TV switches back to the previous channel by itself.

I live in Sweden and uses Canal Digital Kabel with a CI+ interface. I talked to the support in Sweden and they blame Canal Digital for this issue...

Maybe thats whats happening to you aswell, the TV tryes to switch to a channel which you dont have access to?

profile.country.DK.title
refrejn

Quinnicus: That sounds good... This is something that is an annoyance all the time since it affects basic TV functionality.

profile.country.DK.title
refrejn

Nygarderk: This is not impossible at all. When we use the guide to switch, then it displays some wrong channel information in the top and displays the "can't decode" message, but not the CI+ message that apperars if we select a channel we don't have access to on purpose.

But anything is possible with these TV's 😉

Nygarderk
Explorer

https://youtu.be/dqgYCAJga_I

Sent this to Sonys Support in Sweden. 

Sorry for the Swedish :slight_smile: 

Hauteroute
Explorer

Have the same TV Guide problem. When I press the TV Guide button the TV Changes to channel 3 in the background . Then when I exit it changes back. ANNOYING! 

profile.country.NO.title
kayrune

Frustrating to see that with Android 6 update the tv-guide looks like and have the userinterface of something that was made in 1990s. Are there alternative tv-guide apps that could replace it ?

profile.country.US.title
EzerchE
Explorer

Its really annoying.

I have 55XE9305 with andoid 7.0 latest firmware every time when i open Guide, it changes to channel to 11 automatically on background. When i close the guide it changes back to channel that i watched...