Join now - be part of our community!

TV Guide on 55XE9305 with Freesat

profile.country.GB.title
jjthorne
Explorer

TV Guide on 55XE9305 with Freesat

I have a 55XE9305 TV and I have connected up the two feeds from the Satellite that was on my building which was reachable where the TV aerial was on the roof.

With the Freesat Feed when I select the guild option no programs are showing on the channels, until I select the channel to show, then the Program details pop up.

I have selected the option fgor the guild to update while on standby, this hasn't resolved anything, I have the TV conntected to the Internet. and I read on another post about going into the Guild then pressing option on the remote but my remote doesn't have a options button.

Can anyone please help me with this.

And alsO I think it is bad that I can't get ITV Player, All4 or My5 without having YouView started up and with that I need a aerial connected to my TV!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

No current Sony TV  has Freesat. The ‘Now and Next’ programmes guide is all there is for satellite.

My5 you can certainly get on the Freeview side of these sets. If you can’t get it, confirm that here, as it would be a bug.

You might want to say ‘thank you’ to YouView for bringing the itv Hub and All4 to these Sony Android sets at all, because Sony certainly aren’t providing them.

But if you want them alongside satellite (which with YouView selected is not possible), then a £15 NowTV box will provide them, with nothing else to pay, as there is absolutely no need to subscribe to NowTV. Unless you want to, of course.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
jjthorne
Explorer

the Xe9305 has a twin Satellite Tuner built into it which pickup the Freesat service, now it has the option to have a 2 tuners one for what you are watching at the present time and the second one so you can record a recond program, due to the horizontal and the vertical wavelenths of the Astra Satellite, but without the TV Guide I can not record anything on the second tuner!

Now the case with the On demand services is Why don't they just allow us to use the ITV player, the 4od and my5 android apps from the android app store, I can cast them from my phone or my tablet with ease but I can't install them or start up the ones preinstalled on my TV until I tune in the freeview/Youview service.

profile.country.GB.title
jjthorne
Explorer

plus on the Home screen, when I go to Programm guide, I can get the highlights of what is on tonight, powered by Gracenote, but on the general guide I can not esee what is on at this present moment in time.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Spoiler

Freesat is an EPG for satellite services. It is not the satellite services themselves. The reason you have such a limited programme guide is that Sony do not provide the Freesat EPG, which greatly limits what forward planning you can do with satellite programmes,

You can get My5 from the Google Play App Store, if it is not actually a fixture on your TV anyway.

I suggest you go back to what I wrote above, reading it slowly and carefully, and come back if you still have any questions.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking