Join now - be part of our community!

USB 3.0 GIGABIT ADAPTER

profile.country.GB.title
D-Law81

USB 3.0 GIGABIT ADAPTER

As the ethernet port on sony TV only do upto 100 mbps if I was to put a USB 3.0 gigabit ETHERNET ADAPTER into sony x94j usb 3 port and used a tp link gigabit ethernet adapter would it work.???? 

76 REPLIES 76
profile.country.GB.title
Hughjarse
Explorer

Have you tried enabling it in developer settings?

Read back a page where I explained that I had to do that.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@Hughjarse I'm not adding to this thread, I'm just giving you a kudos point 

for having an outstanding forum name 😂

profile.country.GB.title
augierjp
Explorer

Thanks for the advice, I'll check back in the thread.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@jumpsuit 

PeterSellers invented a couple of mythical sports commentators called Peter and Hugh Jampton.

Though you may need to have been born within earshot of the Bow bells to get that one…

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hahaha 😁

I'm glad they didn't pick Janus as the surname.

profile.country.GB.title
augierjp
Explorer

I have just enabled developer mode and set the USB Configuration Mode to RNDIS USB Ethernet but it will not remain in that mode. It always reverts back to Charging. Is there something that I'm not doing to save the changes?

profile.country.GB.title
augierjp
Explorer

What version of Andriod is your TV running?

profile.country.GB.title
D-Law81

I'm on Sony X94J running Android OS 10.. gigabyte ethernet usb adaptor works well. Last checked getting over 400mbps.

profile.country.GB.title
augierjp
Explorer

Thanks for replying. I'm running ver.9, where I think is the problem. Using wi-fi and getting 250Mb download. So as I've reached an impasse, I'll have to give up on the idea of using the full bandwidth of my 500Mb full fibre internet. Thx to all with there help and suggestions.

Piscie
Community Team

hey @augierjp, what speeds are you getting with the USB adapter? And what is the current software version on your TV? have you tested different USB adapter with less Mbs?